Monday, July 10, 2006

KING KONG

KING KONG, DING DONG, AVON CALLING

Roger A. Davis
Zorro, can I buy a Z?
Snoopy’s kite caught in a tree
Jim Henson’s two-headed monster
Oh, how I miss my Sesame Street group
Oh, yes, even F Troop

Hard to go back after they call you ‘Sir”
Supposed to put away childish stuff
Gary Larson, never enough
I will never grow up to be a man
I’m trapped in Never Never Land
With Tinkerbell and Peter Pan

Hope you will forgive me for laughing at jokes
That are not always acceptable to the majority of folks
For you see, I’m a throwback and runt of the litter
Forever trapped in the silver screen and all that glitter

So throw off your cloaks of pretension
And enter into your childhood extension
Then you can laugh, run and hide
Red Rover, Red Rover, send innocence back over

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home