Monday, July 10, 2006

OUR SPIRITUAL HERITAGE

OUR SPIRITUAL HERITAGE

Roger A. Davis



Both of my grandmothers were genealogists
They traveled and researched many an hour
Wrote charts, trees and family digest
Belonging to organizations like D.A.R. and Mayflower

They each had a wonderful, friendly soul
Enjoying their family and sharing their wealth
Always keeping in mind, this goal
Better to be poor of money than spiritual health

As a young toddler of unusual memory
I remember looking at Mama Cook’s family tree
When spending summertime at the ranch
Papa Cook taking Sunday papers to others of the branch

And one Sunday service on the Methodist church step
Where Mama and Papa Grace and Rev. Rolander and wife
Placed hands on my head, as they held me, dedicating my life
To Jesus Christ, to be a minister of the Gospel, forever His rep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home