Monday, July 10, 2006

PROSE SACK MAINLINING

PROSE SACK MAINLINING

Roger A. Davis


I need a fix of adventure
When life seems boring
I shop, feeling better with expenditure
Yet, that puts me to snoring

I like death defying thrills
Something that gives you chills
Like slow driving in the hills
And playing poker with dollar bills

When I get bored now, I take a prose sack
I gather up a bunch of words and themes
Shuffling and dealing the literary pack
A word or two at a time it seems
Until there is a rhyming surprise
Which makes this poet surmise

Life is an adventure of daily tries
On our journey until one dies
Not from boredom and loneliness
For this traveler, it will be an accident
Doing a death defying stunt
Like trying to rhyme with orangeness

So when you need an adventure fix
Shop, sing, party hearty and eat chex mix

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home