Wednesday, July 01, 2009

MR. ROGER'S NEIGHBORHOOD

MR. ROGER'S NEIGHBORHOOD

Roger A. Davis

I’m King Friday
Each day is TGIF, weee!!!
All days are weekends for this retiree
So boogie down, party

My scheduling is based on spontaneity
Unless loved ones have sent an invite
Just looking forward to life's gratuity
Taking in each and every sight

Homebound now because of black outs
Some loneliness, being an 'on the go’ type
Now finding new routes
Dependent on others, let there be no gripe

I have been much aided
Every day I'm persuaded
That whatever the next moment reveals
It is the cards my Heavenly Father deals

My neighborhood is a card, visit, TV, call or email
Or just someone thinking of me
Someday I’ll make bail
Yet, in Jesus, indeed I’m free

So come and take off your work shoes
Enjoy the songs, including the blues
Knowing we are all special in His sight
Have a beautiful day in the neighborhood tonight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home