Sunday, July 01, 2007

MICHAEL, THE MECHANIC

MICHAEL, THE MECHANIC

Roger A. Davis

Michael is my Eden Prairie School attic assister
His mom is Penni and Brittney is his 11 year old sister
He climbs the steps for load after load
If I worked that hard, my heart would explode

Michael drives a white GMC truck that has loud pipes
You have got to expect from an 18 year old mechanic type
He is soon to graduate, being a senior in high school
But let me tell you, folks, Penni didn't raise a fool

Soon to be off to Houston, Texas to become a professional wrench hand
Penni is already sad about his leaving the family band
No worries, mate, his upbringing has equipped him for a glorious fate
It's to the plus of the tech school, Michael in the Longhorn state

But for now I'm being blessed by his excellent toil
Getting ready for the auction on Eden Prairie soil
I'm paying him good money
But, My Lord, he never stops, like the Eveready Bunny

We get along well, he is one of initiative
That, in a young man, is rare
Yes, my readers, I know what I believe
Michael is a kind person and more than fair

His only drawback is that pencil thin beard on his chin
But what the heck, 99 out of 100 is still a win
There is also his busy schedule dating Stevie
I understand high school sweethearts, as were Peggy and me

So thank you, Michael Davis, for the great job done
Once again, bossing and managing was so much fun
My prayer for you, Michael, is each day
You will know God plans your way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home