Sunday, July 01, 2007

AUCTION

AUCTION

Roger A. Davis

Eden Prairie School had an auction sale
The work getting ready left Roger somewhat frail
He had some Godsend help for the task
Even now, I'm in a thanksgiving bask

Much Peggy and I acquired in 36 years
So the auctioneer's selling caused some tears
Went the minimalist look
Strange, a school with nary a book

It was fun giving before the sale treasures away
And the answer is, "YES,” I'm going to stay
Collecting is in my blood and bones
Josh took much to a new house he owns

My son has many family treasures
Scads of photographs for viewing pleasures
As well as the netsukes and southwest pottery
So now they won’t be dusted by little old me

Molly thought it strange on arriving home
Wow, a vast inside area to roam
Friends are concerned that I sold too much
But if there’s a need, they'll be there in the clutch

My family and friends are what I really hold dear
Never on the auction block will they disappear
So now I have plenty of space
To buy and start filling a new showcase

What will be the theme of these collections
My prose and the many blessing recollections
Oh yes, I will go to a gun and knife show or two
But be on your watch, I might just visit you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home