Sunday, July 01, 2007

THE CAT'S MEOW

THE CAT’S MEOW

Roger A. Davis

Sitting in my homemade log chair
On the back patio of red adobe colored cement
The sounds of Eden Prairie make me content
Let me share the beauty of the air

Two females and one cardinal serenade
With the many trees singing of their shade
The tall pines give us a chorus of peace
Brome grass accompanies with their fleece

Bobwhite is the hale of quail
Blue jays join in the bird choir
All this with sunrise fires
Even more glorious as the day expires

Cattle on four sides for stereo moo
With an owl’s whoo-whoo
Canopy of stars backdrop a symphony
With frogs, insects and the howling coyote

I join in with an inspired “Ah”
As this body immerses in the Cal Spa
Then there is Molly’s occasional bark
Caused by a far off dog or a noisy meadowlark

A thunderstorm brings me out of my dorm
I love to hear and see the slash and crash
And clouds boil and form
Yes, I know being out in it is rash
God makes this amazing display
It’s even free, nothing to pay

Lastly, my favorite sound of EPS is laughter
With a remembered joke or story
Now, to me, this is a special glory
More so with family and friends
After a meal, a time of chuckles and grins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home