Tuesday, August 01, 2006

OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

Roger A. Davis

Many years have passed since we both said, "I do"
I am remembering the Hallmark cards I've given you
Now, I hope to say in my own special way
How precious is our relationship, this glorious day

There have been peaks and valleys, too many to tally
It is in unconditional love that we rally
Both of us counting God's love for each
Keeping us always in the other's reach

We are stubborn and headstrong
Both slow to say, "I am wrong"
Yet, when the day is finally done
We laughed a lot and had great fun

In our togetherness we produced an heir
Who has inherited the great blessing we share
He has the best mom, with so much loving care
That our son has an abundance of love to spare

This attempt to say in a poetic way
What you mean to me, on our wedding day
Cannot capture my heartfelt praises
For all your care and a lifetime of embraces

Gratefully I write, thank you my dear Wife
I count thee as the joy of my life
I rejoice that we have the rest of our days
To rest and bask in His loving ways

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Roger Dodger, you little romantic you,
This is one of your best, if not your best so far. It brought tears to my eyes. Loved it.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home