Saturday, July 03, 2010

NO REGRETS

NO REGRETS

Roger A. Davis


We all have regrets. But in heaven, there are none. If there were, the statement “No sorrows or tears” would not be true. So the prayer, “On Earth as it is in Heaven,” needs to be played out in each of our lives.

Many of us spend a lot of time with apologies. Even after a put-down, thinking, “If only I would have responded with a zinger.” To a statement like, “You’re old enough to be her father,” the response of, “Well, I am!”

I like the Australian comment, “No worries, Mate,” or “No problemo.” But, alas, it’s not in our normal flow. It takes time or a nature change or revelation that goes so deep into our beings. Supernatural Surgery – a dividing of the soul and spirit, where we are more spirit than soul.

Christianity calls it, “Death to the Old Man.” Other religions have their “Dark Night of the Soul,” “The Phoenix Rising,” “Nirvana Obtained.”

I’m there. My regret is that now I regret that I still regret. I guess that sounds hedonistic or egomaniacal. Yet, this I know without any shadow of doubt: Nothing will separate us from love or God; especially not regrets.

So, don’t bother him with making up for lost ground. Plow on, you harvesters of right thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home