Friday, June 04, 2010

CHARITY STARTS AT HOME

CHARITY STARTS AT HOME


Charity starts very early each day at Hy-Vee
Her Kingdom: The great smelling Bakery
Roger is her cookie slave!
There’s a basket with free cookies paved

When approaching the cake display
Every child, like me, intensely wonders, ‘What are the choices today?’
This much we know – Charity and staff
Will fill the basket with goodies that make our stomach laugh

I have a Lawrence Mom, and Charity plays the part

The saying, ‘Charity starts at home,’ is true
400 miles from my real mom in Pratt
Yet, one of Charity’s chats
Makes us glad, not blue

She has my back, too
Guards me from insults, whether false or true
She says, ‘You know, you need Christmas lights on your sleigh. Ho-ho-ho”
Her kids and I know it is true
A mom who is always looking out for you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home