Friday, June 04, 2010

JACKIE OH!

JACKIE OH!

Roger A. Davis

I think of JFK and, later, Jackie O his wife and her tragic life
A world gone mad with strife
Now days, my world is Canyon Court
And this is my good report

Our property manager is named Jackie
And she is no longer a Rookie
If this was a school instead and you were the teacher, Jackie
I would never play hooky

Kid, you got us through summer, fall, a terrible winter, and now it’s almost spring
Jackie, getting the hot tub going has given me just the right thing
I know my temper has flared a few times and always I feel grief
Going back to A101, I pray that you will find solace and relief

You seem to never get bitter nor judge this old man
It has made me your number one fan
Yet, I’m not alone –my neighbors have commented on how much they like you and Mike, too
I hope you believe this because it’s really true

I’m such a kidder, you know, dear
But from the bottom of my hearth, I’m sincere

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home