Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A MOMMA'S BOY

A MOMMA'S BOY

Roger A. Davis

I should be one, remembering coming from you at birth
Many have disputed this and it has caused exceeding mirth
Being the family's boastful storyteller
Is it a middle child thing that I'm such a yeller?

"No apologies necessary," Bobbie Jean will say
Our mom is excellent at accepting the cards as they lay
When I call, she always has time for me
Even it if is during Prime Time on TV

I often read her my writings first
Being a momma's boy, seeking her accolades is my thirst
And as a loving mother should, she fulfills the bill
Never uttering a negative or an unkind trill

"Mom, I'm your momma's boy to our earthly end"
You are my sounding board and more, a great friend
This is your Happy Mother's Day card that I've signed
Thanking the Lord for our relationship that He designed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home