Monday, December 31, 2007

A TANNENBAUM PSALM

A TANNENBAUM PSALM

Roger A. Davis

Some put on top a star
For the Wise Men that followed it far
Others, angels they yield
To symbolize telling the shepherds of the field

One of my favorite jobs years ago
Helping people buy trees, some flocked with snow
It was a family outing of cheer
They looked forward to it every year

We would buy a six-foot white pine
With soft needles so fine
It was Peggy’s favorite season
Because Jesus was the paramount reason

In January, when taking it down
I would carry it to place on the ground
Then, come spring, its branches I’d strip
And fashion one into a staff to help me not trip

There are so many ways to decorate
Stringing cranberries and popcorn with Mama Grace, we would participate
Full stomach of popcorn was my fate
It was also special getting to stay up late

I know you all have your traditions that are cool
Some even put garland around a log called Yule
As you put a gift decoration away
For that person who gave it to you, pray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home