Monday, July 10, 2006

THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

Roger A. Davis


How does it begin?
A favor done, or just a grin
There are a number of kinds
Stormy and fair weather
And soul mates with like minds

When push comes to shove
Seems majority have lukewarm love
Then there are the few
My dear friend, like you
Who go through the fire and pain
Never abandoning, always to remain

My heart cries out in joy and sorrow
For those who know not your love
And I rejoice forever to Him above
That you will always be in my tomorrow

Power of friendship sustains, even when apart
Because we hold a mutually loving heart
If our earthly one should quit, not alas
Heaven is where it began
Glorified to last, it will never pass

Dear friend, I count you as my greatest treasure
Only regret is others don’t know your full measure
Yet, your love bubbles and flows out of me
So you are touching plenty

Just had to tell you again what you mean to me
Because that is the power of friendship
Listening, encouraging, laughing,
And joined at the hip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home