Wednesday, February 13, 2013

CUPID-SANTA: TAG TEAM?

CUPID-SANTA: TAG TEAM?

By Roger Davis

When events are held in a commercial way
They are, for most retailers, a big pay day
Much like the special day to recognize mothers
Valentine and Christmas show love for others

Arrows in loving flight
Or a sleigh, flying in the night
Gifts to show love for the most part
Purchased and placed in a shopping cart

No competition between the mythology of Venus' son
With our faith in God's Only One
"Be My...,"  "On the cross I did die."
These dates are for tears of joy to cry

To be a poem of humor was the intention
But there was spiritual intervention
It could not separate Santa and Cupid
It boiled down, for me, being stupid

File this as a holiday humbug
Or for some, Amen, shake a rug
I’m going to cut it short
Please, no long retort

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please answere my comment on youre blog L B J Let us play ...it is so important for me thank you so much

Jenny

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home